OK, the picture actually has nothing to do with what I'm writing about today, but this picture of Caleb (Mandy's little boy) was so adorable I couldn't resist! I wanted to share a humbling story with you...last night when the boys were going to bed I was talking with Landry about some things. He asked how to spell a word and I told him how to spell it. He then asked me if I had ever been in a spelling bee. I told him that I had and the first one I actually won in 6th grade, but then they sent me to the next level and I missed my first word! Well, he was really excited that I had won a spelling bee, but then asked what word I had missed in the other one. So, I told him it was the word "snippet", not thinking he would even really care. So, he replies, "Oh, snippet! I know...S-N-I-P-P-E-T... Snippet!" Well, you can imagine how ridiculous I felt that I had been outspelled by a first grader. Such humbling moments I seem to have so very often!!
Caleb after taking everything off of my refrigerator...I love the look of, "Oh, no! I didn't do anything!"
2 comments:
What a cute story!!! How funny that it's the word on your blog too! Maybe that's why he knows it! Hehehe! Miss ya'll! ;)
Where's a new posting? It's not like you have 4 jobs or something!
Post a Comment