Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! We are finally back...so much has happened since the summer. Our digital camera somehow disappeared over the course of house showings...we've been trying to sell since around August. So, Jason & I decided that this year our gift to each other would be a camera. So, I'll probably be the annoying take a picture of everything girl for a while!
We were at Jason's parents house yesterday...the boys had so much fun opening all of their gifts and each of them sang a solo for us. There were so many sweet moments. Mimi made the most amazing dinner and we snacked on chips & dips & cookies until we couldn't move! One of the boys' gifts from Mimi was this Star Wars tent...as you can see Elizabeth was so jealous of this gift and spent quite a bit of time enjoying the tent with Landry & Logan...



OK, this is not the best picture of mom, but I love Logan's smile in this one...it's pretty difficult to catch a natural smile from that boy! He's always being silly or doing the obvious extreme fake smile...where does he get that from?




Logan is saving us from the angry guys here...




My sweet Landry...always happy and positive, always so photogenic! He was so excited this Christmas...I could barely get him to go to sleep and then he woke up at 3am ready to see what Santa brought! Wow...thanks to Uncle Mike for passing down the Christmas morning in the middle of the night tradition!!



We had to wake Logan up this morning for the first time in years! He's usually my early riser...always gets up around 5am. But 3:00 was pushing it a little this morning for everyone but Landry. You can tell Logan was experiencing some unusual morning sleepiness feelings here!



I had two favorite gifts this morning that I wanted to share. Jason spent a lot of time working on a frame for my first published song. It turned out perfect and I love it so much! Thank you sweetheart! And this morning Landry & Logan pulled out a Star Wars bag with a gift for me & Jason that they had secretly put together. It was a card with lots of "Christmasy" pictures drawn and then it had 4 quarters and a 1 dollar bill taped (LOTS of tape : ) ) on the inside of the card. The inscription read, "To: Mom 1 dollar for you, To: Dad 1 dollar for you, too!" When we opened it Landry said he knew how hard we had been working for extra money so we could make it a great Christmas and he wanted us to have some of their money. So each of them had given us their dollar's from their banks...the only money either of them actually had at that time. Needless to say, I was in tears by the end of that sweet speech. I'm in tears writing about it right now. : ) It was such a great reminder of how the Lord wants us to give...without any expectations...giving everything we have...with no worries of where we will get our next dollar...and with a joyful heart! Thank you Landry & Logan for having such giving and joyful hearts!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Very glad you're back! Michelle you're looking extra sultry in that picture! (I think that's the word!) Looks like Landry and Logan had a great Christmas, on the inside and out!